Monday 22 November 2010

Pattern Cutting.

The next stage is to decide who i was to use for my model, then gather their measurements.  I decided to use Cat Mednick. 


Next, i needed to find a suitable manikin, and pad it out if need be.  I was lucky, as I found one that was ideal for my model.  


Now I have my measurements & a manikin with the right measurements and size.  Next I needed to start creating my pattern pieces on the stand using calico.  

I started this by drawing the shapes that i want to create.  I was doing this using my design & the pattern from the corset i wanted to created.  I did this to create the whole corset.  


This is how it looked during the process. I used large pieces of calico, and cut them out to the shape leaving large edges, to allow for a seam allowance.  Once I had all the piece's drawn, I took them all apart, drew them onto pattern paper, then back onto some new calico to create a toile to fit.  




No comments:

Post a Comment