Saturday 4 December 2010

Corset Creating

Now I have the paper patterns and my chosen fabric, I started to create the corset.

To start this, I laid out all my pattern pieces onto a stiff white fabric. (can't spell Name) I did this, on a double layer, to make my corset stiff, as the fabric I have chosen to use is very light weight, and you can see the boning through it.  

Once I had these two layers cut out, I then cut out all the pattern pieces again onto my outside fabric. And then basted these layers together. 
Once all the pattern pieces were basted together, I went round all of them, and worked out where I was going to put the channels for the Boning.  First I drew these on with a chalk pen, then went down the lines creating a channel. 



Once all the channels had been stitched, I then put together the corset & sewed it all together.  the stage after this was to fill all the channels with the boning. This involved cutting it all to the corset size.  This was not easy.  Then I had another Fitting to test sizes etc..



No comments:

Post a Comment