Tuesday 7 December 2010

Skirt Creation

Next is the Skirt that needs creating. First I need to cut/create a pattern.  For the pattern, I used a basic Pencil Skirt pattern onto calico, then adapted it by cutting the bottom to my desired look, then put this onto paper to create my Pattern.


Next I laid out my patterns on a layer of the stiff white fabric, and cut out both pattern pieces and did the same on a layer of the outside fabric.


Once I had all the pieces cut out & darts added. I next had to baste two layers together. A layer of White & the Outside layer.  This was done with both pattern pieces.  

  
The Next stage was to sew the two panels together, but leaving a 20(ish)cm gap on one side for the zip. Then to follow this, i added the lining. I did this by creating a new skirt, and attaching it to the waist band, right side to right side.  Then I sewed in the zip, by putting right side of fabric to right side of the zip. 

Next I put some 'Supercurve' onto the top seam/waistband of my Skirt, this was to add rigidity and a slight shape the top of the skirt, as there was no waistband.  



Once this was pinned on, i went round the 'Supercurve' near the bottom, about 1cm from the seam.  Then folded  the lining over and pressed it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment