Tuesday 7 December 2010

Corset Finishing.

To finish my corset I need to line it.  I have decided to do this using the same fabric as the outside.  

To create the lining i cut out another set of panel pieces, but the other way round.  Once these were cut out, they had to be sewed together at the seams, the same way as the main corset body.  

Next, I put the lining face down on the outside of the corset so they match.  I went along matching all the seams, then sewing 3 sides, top, bottom and the lower end. Leaving the arm hole & Longer side open.  

Next stage was to trim down all the seams, leaving the lining a bit longer than the corset. I then folded it through so its the right way round, and pressed all the seams down.  Then I pinned and sticked up the arm hole, mainly by machine, but the last part had to be done by hand, as well as the arm hole, I needed to sew up the open end of the corset. I did this with a slip stitch.  


Once this end was all sown up, I finally moved onto the final part of the corset creation, the eyelets.  For this I first measured out where they will be going, by having them spaced out 1.5 inch between each, and starting 1/2 inch from the bottom.  After marking them out, i used a Eyelet punch to first punch the hole, then using the same tool, and changing the ends, I fastened the eyelets together.  I chose to use Silver eyelets, to tie in with the silver of the shoulder Armour. 

Completed Corset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment